I've decided - I'm completely in love with wool soakers! I've been using them at night for about a week now, and I still can't believe how much better they work. Previously I was using a prefold with a nylon pull-on pant (Dappi brand, specifically), and oftentimes when I got Calen up in the AM his pj's would be slightly damp. Usually the diaper would be wet enough that the soft edging on the pant would wick some moisture out, and this caused the dampness. But no more! Even after just one time lanolizing them, his Aristocrats soaker keep his pj's far more dry, and from what I've read, they generally take a few treatments to be performing at their best. I've also been really pleased with how well the longies I made him have worked. I lanolized them twice when I made them, and when he wears them there's not even a hint of dampness on his pj's.
Granted, the Aristocrats soaker is much more expensive than the Dappi pants - that's why you put them on Christmas lists! (Thank you! :) ) And I do think the Dappi pants work quite well for the daytime, because they're getting changed more often. At night though, Calen is in bed from about 7:30- 6:30, and that's just too long for the nylon pants to keep him dry.
Hurray for wool! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment