2.19.2010

Made Calen some pajamas the other day. I bought the fabric months ago (bought it intending to make a size 1/2, now needed to make a size 3 - if that gives you any idea), and finally got around to sewing it up. The fit on the top was ok for the size, but a bit boxy. I'll probably lengthen it next time. The leg length was also relatively long when compared to the top. But if I chop a few inches off the pants and re-hem them they should work ok.



Made this cake for our small group the Thursday before Valentine's Day. I wanted to make it the moment I saw it being devoured on "Julie and Julia". The "Queen of Sheba" (Reine de Saba) was rather tasty I thought. Though most likely a once-a-year kind of treat, considering the "frosting" consists of unsweetened chocolate, coffee (rum for those who prefer), lots and lots of butter, and.....nothing else. Best chocolate frosting ever.


Mark and I decided there was too little light in the living room, so he tackled our first remodel job last weekend. Sorry, no real in process pictures. I didn't get around to that. Hey, you're lucky I took any! The six recessed lights make a huge difference in the dimness (or new lack thereof) of the room. Plus they're on a dimmer switch which is cool.



Have felt rather strange all day, and keep expecting to hear Calen waking up from his nap - that must be where he is, since I haven't seen him all day? Actually he is on a wee visit with Mark's parents to my family in WA (Hi Mom!). I haven't been away from him side from work or quick errand trips since the 2009 Sewing Expo last February. So for me to be at home and not have Calen here - it's kind of weird. Not bad though. I did manage to finally gather together all the clothes he has outgrown and resort them properly. My OCD tendencies took over as I snapped every snap and buttoned every button. I also sorted not only by size but also by outfit, brand, and particular series when possible (you know, Pirates, Jungle Animals, etc). At least this way should the time come when I need something from any of those FOUR 18 GALLON BINS it'll be easy to find, eh? And it only took me 6 1/2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment