Calen turned 2 in July. He continues to amaze me with his vocabulary. Sometimes I think I expect more out of him behavior-wise then is necessarily appropriate for his age. He fools me by how well he speaks. It's like conversing with a four-year-old. The other day while driving home from work/Grandma's, he informed me that he wasn't hungry for dinner because he "ate a quesadilla" at Grandma's. I asked him what was in it, and he said "cheesy goodness". He also recently told me, as he sat on the couch, that he was "relaxing".
Calen and I went to the fair in Roseburg in August. His favorite places were the pig and chicken barns. Who knew??? I would have expected the goats and sheep would have been more popular with him, but it was the pig barn he requested we return to four times. :) He also enjoyed a little of the entertainment by the food area, cheering so loudly for the music that he got the bands' attention. :)
Mark, Calen and I had the chance to spend a long weekend with Mark's sister Angela, her husband Matt, and Mark's parents at Lake Shasta in mid-August. It was a great time, even for those of us (*cough*Amy*cough*) who can't swim. Calen loved the water, and would ask to go out to swim as soon as he woke up in the morning. He even got brave enough (and put enough trust in his life jacket) to paddle around a little by himself. It was pretty cute. He also loved going tubing with Daddy. I have some cute photos of him on that trip that I'll try to post when Blogger is working.
The end of August was our 3rd anniversary. Hard to believe it's already been three years.
September found us up in Washington for my sister's wedding. We've enjoyed getting to know our new brother better - we think he fits in the family well. :) At least he seems to handle all of us talking over each other OK. Not everyone is cut out for marrying into a family of 8 kids. It's a little crazy with all 17 of us in one house. I can't imagine what it will be like when a few more are wed.........
This was our year to spend Christmas in Washington with my family. Always fun and loud. This is the first year that Calen has been able to anticipate Christmas. He was very excited about everything; from getting the tree, to the lights everywhere. He had a particular street he liked me to drive home on, since it had more Christmas lights around than the normal way. He enjoyed being with most of his aunties, uncles, cousins, and Nana and Grandpa on Christmas, and was very excited at all the gifts everyone opened (including his own :) ).
Mark continues to work as a CNC Programmer for a local commercial furniture company. He also had the opportunity to earn a little extra cash this year doing photography. He enjoyed the chance to grow his (already excellent) skills, and did a great job with all his events.
I'm still working as a PT Aide for a local physical therapist. I have a great boss and coworkers, and am getting better at making small talk with patients - something I've NEVER been good at. I'm still working part-time, so I can be home with Calen as much as feasible. My schedule does change depending on one of my coworkers' school schedule. This next term will be a little more tiring for me, as I'll have two days that start at 8 instead of one. I did cut down a little on my hours though, since I know by the end of the term I'll be about 6 months pregnant.
Speaking of which, Baby Lotspeich is due June 16th. After much deliberation (on my part), we are going to keep the gender a surprise. We'll see if I handle the waiting....We found out with Calen so this will be different for us.
Now that I've typed all this I remember why I haven't posted in six months. It's like writing in a really dull diary. Only usually I get to use pictures too. :)
Happy New Year!
Congratulations, Amy! I'm so happy for you. :)
ReplyDelete-Kathryn