I had already purchased some starts from a local plant warehouse. They were part of my evil plan - if they were sitting around waiting to be transplanted I knew we would have to get moving on putting the bed together. Hopefully our little salad garden will survive my care!
We also picked up a couple strawberry plants and I stole my flower pot for them. Now my poor flower starts are homeless until I find something else for them. I know three strawberry plants won't exactly provide us with a bountiful harvest, but hey - maybe we'll get a bite or two!
The other project we tackled today was cleaning up the devastation that was known as the landscaping by our driveway. We had 4 and 3/4 bushes die this year and their ugliness was more than we could handle. The heather bushes we tackled with shovel and slasher movie-esque blade welded to a heavy metal pipe thing. (Those came out with a modicum of effort). For the unknown bushy rectangle Mark had other ideas. See below. The pictures (and post title) say it all.
I also went under the knife - er, make that scissors - recently. This picture does not do my 'do justice though. I'll try to post sometime what it actually looks like when I've done more than brush it. I'm enjoying the ease of short hair (though I do keep brushing the back of my neck rather briskly) and really like how it looks. I also like the fact that it takes me about 10 minutes less getting ready in the morning (5 for washing, 5 for fixing). Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment