A new dress for me. I bought the fabric at the sewing expo even though I didn't have a pattern in mind. I used McCall's 5752 with almost no changes. I did end of tightening up the crossover front a little. Hard to explain without demonstrating, so you'll just have to take my word for it. It should save me a little from the dreaded gaping crossover monster. It's a terribly unflattering picture of me, hence the cropped head, but I'm pleased with how the dress turned out.
A skirt for me. This one was patternless. Just cut, pin pleats, and call your sister for help! :) It ended up fairly wide, but not so much as to need alteration. I call it my "wear a shorter skirt and still be able to chase Calen when he's old enough to run away from me" skirt. Both the fabrics are from Joann Fabrics. It has four inverted box pleats (at least I think they're inverted - I know they're box pleats) and a side invisible zipper.
This was an experiment that didn't quite turn out. I tried to make a T-shirt based on a beloved and worn out one I own, and then dress it up a little to use for work, church, etc. I thought I added enough to my "pattern" - my beloved shirt is a pre-baby item - but apparently I underestimated. So while I can put it on, it's a little, shall we say "snug" for wearing outside of the house. So I haven't finished it yet since I know I can't use it right now, but you get the idea.
Also saw this adorable giveaway - I would love that Millie Monkey pattern.... :)
Cute Cute! hope you're doing well. Think of you often just don't end up calling, I'm working on that :)
ReplyDeleteLove them, Amy! I think I'll have to copy that t-shirt idea. Can you tell me how you made it?
ReplyDelete