5.26.2011

Mommy's new toy...

In the last week or so I finally got serious about looking at double strollers. After much reading (hours, actually) I realized what I really wanted more than anything was an all-terrain stroller. That pretty much omitted the couple I had been considering, since neither was even close to being all-terrain. I had also realized that Calen would never allow the baby to ride in a full seat while he sat or stood on a bench in the back. After reading lots of reviews I had found the one I wanted. Unfortunately I didn't feel like taking out a home equity loan to buy it...

But with a little (make that a lot) of help from family, and a google "site:craigslist.org" search, I found the stroller (in the color I wanted, no less) for sale in Bandon. She also had lots of extras, which we went ahead and got. I was working late yesterday, so Mark went and picked everything up for me. Meet the new toy - a Bumbleride Indie Twin!

Yes, Calen looks a little goofy. He kept smiling with this terrible grin. I finally told him to just stop smiling... :) This was the result. I'm not sure which was worse....

He has the snack pack attachment in front of him. The top zips on three sides and folds underneath where it velcros. It has a side divider to keep a cup upright.


Front view: the right hand seat has the "protective padding" installed. Headrest, strap covers.



With the "Footmuff" installed. This is to keep the child warm/covered. Also to keep any blankets on the stroller and not dragging on the ground. You can't see very well in the picture, but it has a whole separate back piece that lays over the stroller back (almost like a sleeping back with holes in the back for the straps). The top of the footmuff has a zippered pocket and a mesh pocket.


With the bassinet/carrycot attachment. It has side clips that fit in the same slots like the snack pack bar to secure it. This is the older model (who knew strollers had model years....) so it doesn't have the built in sun shade. I didn't try it yet, but apparently the footmuff cover fits over it and snaps on.


The seller also had a Chico Key Fit infant seat with a matching Bumbleride car seat cover.



Though I have yet to take it outside (I've only had it since 7 o'clock last night), I pushed it around the house last night with Calen in it. It has two full-swivel front wheels, so even with just one kid on one side I could do a full 360 in practically one spot with one hand no problem. That made me happy. The stroller is only 29" wide, so I could wheel it around the house, through the kitchen, etc., super easily. It does have the option of locking the front wheels if you want to use it for light jogging...but I doubt I'll be using that feature much.... :)

A couple other cool things: the handle bar is adjustable to accommodate different heights. It actually goes down low enough that it's too low for me. The only accessory I didn't take a picture of is the rain cover. I tried it out (though I think I need to see some pictures/instructions on how to attach it), and think I figured out which way was the front. It does seem to cover the stroller pretty completely. The back of each sunshade has a small zippered pocket to hold wallet, keys, etc. The storage basket underneath is good sized. Somebody posted in a review they stashed a gallon of milk, a 1/2 gallon of orange juice, a 12 pack of soda, and 5 bags of groceries in theirs....As far as I can tell it'll still be usable/accessible even if the seats are fully reclined.

And the best endorsement? The first words out of Calen's mouth this morning (after "MOMMY!!!!!" that is): "I need to see the new stroller!" It's also where he wanted to sit for his morning cup of hot cocoa. :) My son is a creature of habit, no doubt.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it, so happy you got something so fabulous fun to use :)

    ReplyDelete