I've done a couple big cooking/baking weekends to get stuff in the freezer for when the baby comes. Here is the result of the first weekend. You can't actually tell very well, but that left hand stack is about 14 meals worth of food (not 14 different things though - 7). I also got some bone-in half chicken breasts on sale so I stocked up on them as well.
Bread making was the following week. I actually managed to get it all done in one day, so I was happy. Here's the first batch of Oatmeal Bread rising.
I went through an entire hopper of flour. :)
The in-progress mess picture....
The end result - 6 loaves of oatmeal, 4 loaves of 10-grain cereal, 6 loaves of French bread, and 48 tortillas.
I also made super-sized batches of marinara and pizza sauces, but I didn't take pictures. I made a big batch of pizza sauce a different time and it was so handy to grab a muffin tin sized "lump" of sauce (or 2 or 3 or 4....) when I wanted to make pizza. I hate getting my pizza dough ready and realizing I don't have sauce made up....grrr....
When everything was bagged up and labeled, I was glad to see I don't need to do any more food prep....I can't fit anything else in my freezer at this point. :)
Ok... I'd love to get your recipe for oatmeal bread. It sounds yummy and LOOKS perfect! :)
ReplyDelete